The superpower of Avocado! 10 reasons to add avocados to your diet!
- Good fat! Monounsaturated fat, which lowers “bad” cholesterol and helps raise “good”
- Excellent source of potassium (containing more per weight than bananas)
- Rich in Vitamins K, E, C and some B vitamins
- Approx. 11 grams of fiber (medium size); close to half of the recommended daily intake
- Protein: Approx. 4 grams (medium size)
- Sugar content low compared to other fruits (yes, avocado is a fruit, a berry)!
- Folate (a B vitamin) one cup has approx. 23% of the recommended daily value!
- Help to fight free radicals in the body
- Control blood sugar and blood pressure levels
- Increased nutrient absorption
Avocados are a nutrient powerhouse with many needed vitamins, minerals as well as good (monounsaturated) fat and protein! Due to the nutrients of this powerhouse fruit, it can assist in disease prevention such as: Cardiovascular disease, diabetes, stroke, cholesterol levels, blood pressure levels among many others. It can also help with eye health, has ant-inflammatory properties and due to the folic acid (folate) can help prevent birth defects.
The downfall to avocados is that they have a short window: Not ripe, not ripe, not ripe, RIPE (eat me immediately) aw man missed it, over ripe, over ripe, over ripe….. they don’t give you a lot of time!